Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mama's Chili



This makes a big 'ol pot 'o chili, use a larger sized stock pot or cut ingredients in half.

I made this for the first time last year and recorded my measurements so it could be duplicated.  I used lots of different ideas and made it my own.  Mama is me.  This cold weather is a great time for chili.

Ingredients
2 lbs. ground beef, cooked and strained
1 pkg. pork (or Italian) sausage, cooked and strained
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 - 15.25 oz. cans of corn, strained
1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked and strained
4 - 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
3 - 28 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 - 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup Chili Powder
2 1/2 T Garlic Powder
1 T Onion Powder
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 pkg, Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1/2 cup White Sugar

To Prepare
1.  Combine all ingredients in large stock pot.
2.  Turn heat to simmer, stirring often.  Cook for approximately 2 hours.

The longer it simmers, the more flavor.  Don't cheat out on the 2 hours.

To Serve
For larger gatherings, I put chili into a crock pot to keep it warm.  I put out sour cream, cheddar cheese and crackers and let guest serve themselves.  Some serve with corn chips, I must try that one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment