I thought you might want to know how to make a cape for your own super hero. I made the collar a bit too big because I was going for a more resting on the shoulder cape instead of a making a choker. This didn't work out so well because it doesn't really rest of the shoulder, well it would but you wouldn't be able to move. lol. It serves the purpose and if I had to do it over, I would remedy this.
Click Read More for How I Did It...
1 yard fabric for cape
1/4 yard fabric for lettering
thick paper like watercolor paper
How I Did It
1. I sketched the lettering out on watercolor paper.
2. I cut out the lettering.
3. I traced the letters onto the fabric.
4. I cut the fabric 1/4 - 1/2 inch away from my pencil lines. I cut into the corners for each of the inside corners.
5. I pinned the edges under along my pencils lines.
6. I stitched along the edges of the letter and set them aside.
8. I cut a arc for the collar. I would suggest using a plate or something circular. Remember, I made mine too big. I, then, left a few inches and cut at an angle to the bottom corner of the cape.
9. I cut flaps along the collar. This will allow you to fold, pin and sew on a curve without having the fabric bunch up.
10. I pinned the collar down.
11. I sewed along the collar and around the entire cape. It seems that I forgot to take a picture, I must have been caught up in the moment.
13. I attached the letters to the back of the capes by stitching around the edges of each letter, this was over top of the stitching when I stitched the edges under.
It's that easy!