Thursday, August 9, 2012

Liam's Funny Tee using Silhouette


Yet another T-shirt made with the help of my Silhouette.  I made this for a friend's little one.  I hope they send me a pic of him wearing it.  

How I Did It (it you haven't seen my other tuts...)
1.  I designed the text using the Silhouette Studio, cut it out on vinyl and placed it on the shirt (upside down).  I placed the vinyl on the shirt without the help of transfer tape since the vinyl doesn't stick well to the fabric.  This takes a bit of time but it is well worth it.  Keep in mind that the finished product lines with not be that crisp but it does give a nice vintage feel.


2.  I took fabric paint and spread it out on a paper plate.


3.  I used a sponge brush and painted in the stencil.  


4.  I removed the vinyl and used a hook tool to help with the smaller pieces.


Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment