A giraffe to coordinate with Avery's Baby Quilt and Elephant. More difficult than anticipated. I do love how it coordinates with the other gifts.
Click Read More for How To...
Watercolor or thicker paper to make template
Coordinating fabric, 1/4 yard
Coordinating ribbon, 18 inches long
Sewing Machine - optional
How I Did It
1. I sketched a silhouette of a giraffe after getting ideas from google images, keeping it as simple as possible.
2. I cut out the silhouette.
3. I folded over the fabric right side in and traced the template onto the fabric with a pencil.
4. I cut out the giraffe shape 1/4 - 1/2 inches away from the pencil line to allow to stitching.
5. I cut ribbon, 6 pieces at 3 inches long.
6. I folded the ribbon pieces and placed them in between the giraffe pieces, facing inward and pinned them into place.
7. I pinned the giraffe pieces together.
8. I stitched along the pencil line, leaving an opening along the back of the giraffe for stuffing.
9. I turned the giraffe right side out.
10. I stuffed the giraffe.
11. I folded the ends of the opening in and pinned it closed.
12. I closed up the giraffe by using a blind or finishing stitch. See this tutorial from Gratz Industries for help