Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sausage, Peppers & Onions - Crockpot & Freezer Meal

I have great intentions of getting to my projects but it's just not happening right now.  I'm posting some more of my Crockpot & Freezer Meals until our lives slow down a bit and mom has some time to get to her projects.  I haven't even planted my seeds indoors for our garden yet.  I better get on that... like yesterday.  


Sausage, Peppers and Onions in a crockpot?  As a freezer meal?  Why yes!


Ingredients
6 Italian Sausages
2 Green Peppers, sliced
1 Red Pepper, sliced
1 Large Onion, sliced
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 packet Good Seasons Italian Seasoning
Drizzle of Olive Oil

To Prepare
Ziploc Freezer Bag
1.  Combine all ingredients in a freezer bag.
2.  Seal with as little air as possible.
3.  Mix ingredients in bag once closed.
4.  Lay flat and freeze.
5.  When ready to cook:
     a.  Thaw frozen bag inside a bowl in the frig (1/2 - 1 day).  Throw in crockpot for 4 - 6 hours on high with 1/2 cup of water.
     -or-
     b.  Empty frozen bag into crockpot and cook on high 6 - 8 hours with 1/2 cup of water.

Baked Fresh
Throw ingredients into crockpot and cook on high for 4 - 6 hours.

Please note that crockpot times may vary.  If it's the first time that you are making this dish and/or you don't know your crockpot that well, make it on the weekend while you are home.  

To Serve
Serve over noodles or with bread and mozzarella cheese.  Enjoy!


My Inspiration:  Ring Around the Rosies

No comments:

Post a Comment