These are my matching burp cloths to go with my Reversible Bibs. The process is basically the same, check out the Reversible Bibs post here.
Click Read More for How I Did It...
1/2 yard Fun Fabric
1/2 yard Terry Cloth in coordinating color
*Fabric will yield 2 bibs and 2 burp cloths
Sewing Machine and Thread
How I Did It
1. I cut both my fun fabric and the terry cloth to measure approximately 9 x 18 inches.
2. I cut a piece of fun fabric to approximately 5 x 9 inches. This will be attached as a stripe to the terry cloth side of the burp cloth.
3. I turned the fun fabric 'fun side down' so that the edge would be approximately 3 inches above the bottom of the burp cloth. Note that the burp cloth is laying sideways.
4. I stitched the fabric along the edge, approx. 1/4 inch from the edge.
5. I folded over the fun fabric along where I stitched.
6. I stitched along the fold approx. 1/4 inch from the fold.
7. I folded the other edge under (shown above) and stitched along that fold as well (shown below).
8. I placed the fun fabric over top of the terry cloth, fun side down.
9. I stitched along the outside edge, approx. 1/4 inch from edge all the way around the burp cloth, leaving approx. a 3 inch opening so that the burp cloth could be turned fun side out.
10. I folded the opening edges in and stitched around the outside, approx. 1/4 inch from the edge.