Thursday, February 28, 2013

Glittered Rainbow and Pot 'O Gold with double sided adhesive and Silhouette


I finally got to try my Silhouette double sided adhesive paper with glitter!  I think it's my first project for both!  I saw a couple projects on blog.silhouetteamerica.com and I knew I needed to try using them both!  A Rainbow and Pot O' Gold seemed like a great fit for glitter...

Click Read More for How I Did It...

I used Steel's Stampin' Shamrocks.  (He said I could.)


I designed and cut out a pot in brown cardstock, complete with a slit for the front rim... 


I cut out gold coins that I made using an ellipse shape in the double sided adhesive, following the instructions on the package...


I stuck some to either side of the pot and filled the pot with them...





I sprinkled the coins with gold glitter, I used my finger to smooth it out and make sure that glitter adhered to the entire adhesive...


I shook off the excess glitter on to a piece of paper and poured it back into the glitter storage case...


I designed a rainbow, leaving spaces in between the arcs and cut it out in the double sided adhesive on my Silhouette...


I placed and glittered each color one at a time so that the glitter wouldn't get mixed...


I stood back and enjoyed my work... 




No comments:

Post a Comment