Sunday, March 23, 2014

Big Brother Bag


This was a gift I made for Reid's big brother, Avery.  I kept with the nautical theme, I bought a canvas bag and decided to make a stencil using my Silhouette and paint a design especially for the new big brother.

How I Did It:
1.  I bought an anchor design on the Silhouette online store and designed a stencil using Silhouette Studio.

2.  I cut out my design using my Silhouette on vinyl.

3.  I placed the design on the bag and positioned it where I wanted it.  I did not use transfer paper for this process as there were no small intricate cuts that transfer paper is very useful for.


4.  I used a sponge brush to dab fabric paint over my stencil.


5.  I carefully peeled away the vinyl and used a hook instrument to remove the smaller pieces.  I did this while it was still wet but you could wait until it is dry as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment